Saturday, June 14, 2014

VÏSCERA: Request Your Song, Hanging Out – Post #60




Some say a comet will fall from the sky
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits

Some say the end is near
Some say we’ll see Armageddon soon
I certainly hope we will
I sure could use a vacation from this

Stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit

One great big festering neon distraction
I’ve a suggestion to keep you all occupied

Learn to swim

“Aenima,” Tool ‘98



Friday, 6/13/14 7:03 PM
At home


Heavy lyrics, I know.  :devilhorns:

I’m actually a pretty happy guy these days.  Those are just cool lyrics.


Ö Ö Ö


I’ve been an Islanders fan for over thirty years, but I’m totally rooting for the Rangers to win the Cup in 2014.  I hope they win, tonight!  Well, last night, by the time you read this.


Ö Ö Ö


VÏSCERA is on Friday, June 20th.  It’s a sex party with heavy rock music: Metallica, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Black Sabbath...that sort of stuff.  It’ll be an opportunity for me to play material I normally wouldn’t; I play those bands, already, but not the whole night and not their heaviest stuff.

I’m very pleasantly surprised at how many guys are into it.  I’d waited years to do it, because I just didn’t think it’d be that well received.  Seems you guys have surprised me, yet again.  “Can’t wait for the 20th!!!”  Awesome.

Gone is the notion that gay guys are only into house and showtunes and Judy.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Let’s try something even better: song requests.  Email me with a song you’d like to hear, and I’ll buy it from iTunes (if I haven’t, already).  Make sure it’s heavy.  The only music I won’t play is the more recent, “throw up” vocals, where they sound to me like they’re throwing up.  It should also be on iTunes.  Tool, the band, isn’t on iTunes, but I will be purchasing their album, “Aenima,” because I’ve always loved the title song, as well as the concept. 

On Thursday, or maybe Friday (day of), I’ll post the set list here on the blog.  So don’t be shy; make a request.  I just hope you’ll be here to hear it!


Ö Ö Ö


Sometimes, guys at my parties want to play with me or hang out, outside the parties.  I seldom partake, and here’s why.

There are more reasons not to go to someone’s sex party, than there are reasons to go.  It’s a lot like dating, or a lot of other things, where we’re looking for the reasons not to do it.  I don’t ever want to be the reason.

If I hang out with one of my guests, it increases the chances of them not returning.  I don’t mean to suggest that I’m a horrible person to hang out with (quite the opposite, methinks), but hanging out adds, or even creates, a burden on the relationship.

One example is, recently, a semi-regular gave me his phone number to maybe get together.  I like this guy, and would likely have a good time doing whatever, but the mere fact that I’m not into hanging out – after he’d asked – may mean he’s not comfortable coming to the parties, anymore.  He hasn’t been back, nor replied, since.  Understandable, and this is why I don’t partake.

Getting together opens up the proverbial “can of worms,” whereby expectations change.  People can be sensitive, I included, and I’d much prefer all of you guys to be comfortable coming to the parties, and not have to think too much about the things that could prevent you from coming.

Once in a while, I’ll tell a guy that I think he’s really cute or whatever, but I try not to, because I don’t want him to feel weird.  This has happened, before, and although I’ll occasionally continue to do it, it’s really not the smartest thing for me to do if I want him to return.  What might merely be a compliment for one person could be an issue for someone else. 

Am I even making sense?  To me, I am.  I hope for you, too.  Being a host is first and foremost, along with your enjoyment of these parties.




The Örgy Guy

No comments: