Sunday, August 7, 2011

Science of Arrival Times – Post #33


Ö

“If you ever need anything please don’t
Hesitate to ask someone else first
I’m too busy acting like I’m not naïve
I’ve seen it all, I was here first”
               ~K. Cobain, ‘93


Been listening to a lot of Nirvana lately, going back to my early/mid 20s.  The only thing missing is the car to drive in, headbanging and scream-singing the songs.  Well, actually the angst is missing too.  Gratefully.  I still relate to Kurt in that I’m always on the outside, not looking in.


Saturday 8/6/11 9:55 P.M.
At home, watching I Love Lucy. You?

This past week, we started the Tuesday and Thursday parties at 6PM, which drew a very nice turnout.  We’ll keep the 6PM start time for those two orgies, but instead of ending at midnight, we’ll keep it the way it was: 1AM. So, 6PM-1AM. This ought to bring two distinct waves, per party, instead of one.


Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö


As many of you know, of those who’ve been here, I record each guy’s arrival time and departure time.  I used to construct a chart of each party, to visually show arrivals and departures.  That was too much; I didn’t need to do all that.

But, in attempting to determine the usefulness of starting parties early, I’ve begun to do it a little differently.  I calculate how many guys come, per half hour time slot (8:00 to 8:30, for example).  Then, I take the average for that time slot and apply it to a line graph.  I began recording arrival and departure times about 15 months ago, and have so far done the calculations for the past 9 months.  I’ve also broken them out as Perry Street parties compared to E7th, which is when we stopped the DWYW first hour policy.

I rarely give specific attendance numbers for a specific reason, so you’ll only be privy to the patterns.

Also, I iterate that these are arrival times, not the total number of guys who are here.


Tuesday & Thursday Parties, 8PM to 1AM...

...have the same overall numbers, but notice how the first hour slot has changed.  There have been 47 E7th parties, a relatively small sample, but enough to establish reliable patterns.


Sunday Parties...

...are a little different, but the first hour difference is consistent with Tuesday/Thursday.  Dig how the lines merge.


Friday Nooners...

...are only four parties old, so the sample is small and the line should start to become less wavy.  But, you can see how guys are tending to get here on the hour.



Tuesday/Thursday 6PM-12AM...

...is a very small sample (two parties’ worth), but I’m including it.  At some point, I’ll compare it to the graph that’ll represent several of them, to see how it’s “matured.”


Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö Ö

If you want to know how my orgies are, before attending one, you should read this blog and follow me on Twitter, or ask someone who’s been to a few and doesn’t have an agenda.


Ö

The Örgy Guy





No comments: